The Southeastern Wildlife Exposition (SEWE), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that celebrates wildlife and the great outdoors through fine art, live entertainment and special events, will return to host its 42nd show in downtown Charleston, February 16-18, 2024. General admission, special event tickets and limited VIP Packages for the highly anticipated annual event are now available for purchase ahead of next year’s show.
To celebrate the start of SEWE season, the event will also host a schedule and ticket launch party today, October 6 from 10am-7pm in its newest venture, Gallery by SEWE, located in The Shops at Charleston Place. Attendees can browse wildlife art while enjoying discounted general admission tickets, giveaways, live painting, complimentary libations, a permanent bracelet pop-up from Hermosa Jewelry and more.
In February, SEWE will return to host popular attractions for attendees across five major exhibit sites in downtown Charleston: The Charleston Place, Brittlebank Park, Gaillard Center, Charleston Marriott and Marion Square. Returning favorites for the 2024 event include the SEWE Fine Art Gallery, DockDogs®, Center for Birds of Prey demonstrations, Busch Wildlife Sanctuary live shows, curated artisan goods and craftsmen exhibitors, canine demonstrations from herding and retrieving breeds, chef demos, and more.
“With a legacy spanning more than four decades, SEWE has been a champion of wildlife art and the sporting lifestyle, captivating loyal attendees with fine art, live entertainment and carefully curated special events,” said John Powell, President of SEWE. “Year after year, we commit ourselves to enhancing the experience for our patrons, artists and corporate partners and as we look ahead to 2024, we are pleased to unveil our event schedule for next year.”
Patrons can expect an enhanced experience through a host of new activities, engaging talent and committed partners. Notable additions and changes to this year’s show include:
- Jeff Corwin, television personality and wildlife biologist, will return to the Gaillard Center to entertain and enlighten SEWE patrons with educational presentations featuring live exotic animals. With a distinguished reputation as a global leader in exploration and conservation, Corwin first appeared at SEWE in 2005. Corwin is best known for his adventures and educational shows on Disney Channel, Animal Planet and Discovery Channel, among others.
- Gallery by SEWE will serve as a venue for satellite events and exhibits during SEWE, complementing the traditional SEWE Fine Art Gallery and the weekend’s live art demonstrations.
- Back by popular demand, The Purina® Pro Plan Performance Dog Team will return to the Marion Square arena, featuring additional shows of their Disc Dog Demonstrations. This talented team includes experienced trainers and highly athletic dogs who perform high-flying disc routines. The team, which has been entertaining crowds for decades, serve as ambassadors for Purina® and their performances are meant not only to entertain but to educate audiences on responsible pet care and how proper nutrition and training can bring out the best in any dog.
- Kathleen Dunphy has been announced as the 2024 Featured Artist and her original work, Family Outing, depicting a family of Canadian geese, has been selected as the Featured Painting and the subject of the official SEWE 2024 poster. The Featured Painting is currently on display at Gallery by SEWE.
- SEWE is enhancing marine life education with an expanded presence in Marion Square, featuring two organizations based in Charleston. These organizations will be located in Marion Square, where they will host educational demonstrations and advocate for the wellness and conservation of marine life in the Lowcountry. Enhanced programming features:
- Lowcountry Marine Mammal Network, a Charleston-based 501(c)3 nonprofit focused on protecting marine mammals in South Carolina waters.
- National Marine Mammal Foundation, a San Diego-based 501(c)3 nonprofit, with a field office located on Johns Island, specializing in the research and rescue of bottlenose dolphins.
“With exciting new additions like Gallery by SEWE and the inclusion of our nationally acclaimed Featured Artist, Kathleen Dunphy, alongside our cherished traditions including DockDogs®, Busch Wildlife Sanctuary shows and live art demonstrations, we believe SEWE 2024 will showcase our unwavering dedication to delivering an exceptional event in Charleston next February,” said Powell.
General admission tickets provide access to all SEWE venues and shows and demonstrations. Daily tickets are $40 for Friday and Saturday and $35 for Sunday. A three-day ticket is also available for $85. Children 10 and under receive complimentary admission into all venues and do not require a ticket.
Tickets are available online at sewe.com and patrons who use promo code SEWE2024 before October 20 will receive 20 percent off general admission tickets. A limited number of VIP packages are also available on a first-come, first-served basis. As a member of the SEWE VIP Program, patrons enjoy perks and insider access throughout the weekend, including private art viewing, exclusive lounge areas, after-hour parties, private shuttle services and priority entry to all venues during show hours.
Two popular SEWE special events will also return in 2024 – the Lowcountry Social and Birds of a Feather Ladies Benefit Brunch. Lowcountry Social, hosted at Brittlebank Park, offers an after-hours oyster roast and barbeque feast set to the backdrop of lively bluegrass music. The Birds of a Feather Ladies Benefit Brunch will raise funds to benefit long-time SEWE partner Center for Birds of Prey, a Charleston-based avian conservation center. SEWE special events provide a more intimate experience throughout the weekend and are all-inclusive of food, beverage and entertainment.
Prior to the annual event in February, SEWE is partnering with the College of Charleston Alumni Association to host a Fall Oyster Roast. The event will be held in the College of Charleston’s Cistern Yard on November 17 from 6pm-9pm. Early bird tickets are available for purchase at a discounted rate until October 8. Tickets include live entertainment by The Bluestone Ramblers, a variety of food options, as well as an open bar featuring regional flavors, premium liquors, local beers and fine wines.
About the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition: For more than 40 years, the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, has proudly presented the finest in wildlife art, conservation and the outdoor lifestyle at its annual event in Charleston, South Carolina. SEWE will host its 42nd event in 2024 at multiple venues throughout downtown Charleston from February 16 – 18, with VIP events beginning on Thursday, February 15.