The Scott Fly Rod Company made serious waves back in 2013 when the Radian rod series hit the market, stealing title of Best New Fly Rod and also Best Overall New Product at IFTD that year, not to mention almost a full 7 years held as the company’s flagship freshwater rod. Many of us at Gray’s Sporting Journal fished the Radian–and fished it often–so when Scott recently made public its intentions to discontinue the Radian starting this fall, needless to say we were a bit perturbed…that is, until we got our hands on Scott’s newest flagship rod and Radian replacement, the Centric.
From the stylish and highly durable micarta reel seat insert, to the flora grade cork and sleek, artfully tapered black blank with handsome red accents, the Centric is slated to give the Radian’s longheld industry title as “the rod to beat” a run for its money–not to mention, it’s a real looker! But don’t just take our word for it, these rods are hitting shelves at fly shops this week and are guaranteed to generate some buzz, so go cast one and see for yourself.
- Cutting edge Centric series fly rods deliver new levels of stability, recovery speed, and range, while giving anglers tons of feedback through the easy flexing tip sections and highly transmissive blanks through Carbon Link Technology
- Centric rods combine new tapers and multi-modulus lay ups with a new resin system to increase fiber density and reduce weight, and they feature our new generation ARC reinforcement for greater stability
- These are the most efficient rods Scott has ever created. High line speed, flat, stable loops are easily generated at any distance with minimal effort from the caster. Epitomizes “Fast with Feel” Scott rod building philosophy
- Scott Centric rods are fit with Flor grade cork, new titanium stripping guides with super slick zirconia inserts, new low glare Snakebrand Universal snake guides, and a new fully milled reel seat featuring speed threads, easy grip knurling, self-indexing hoods, micarta inserts, a special Delrin lock washer, and type 3 flat black hard coat
- Made 100% in the USA and ONLY available at authorized speciality fly shops